Virat Kohli and his boys are eagerly waiting to play their first-ever pink ball game on Indian soil (Day/Night Test) at Dada’s home place (Eden Gardens) in Kolkata. In the history of Test cricket, the first pink-ball game was played between Aussies and Kiwis at the Adelaide Oval in 2015. It took almost 4 years for Team India to play their first-ever pink ball game; credits go to the new BCCI president Sourav Ganguly for arranging the first Day/Night Test in his hometown.
Mirchi Pataka presents you with some of the most interesting updates of India’s first day/night Test match.
• The 2nd Test match between Kohli & Co and Mominul & Co are set to play in the 12th pink ball game in the history of world cricket.
• India and Bangladesh players have to use pink SG cricket balls. As per the latest update, the Board of Control for Cricket in India has ordered 72 pink balls for the longer format match.
• Mumbaikar Rohit Sharma, middle-order batter Cheteshwar Pujara, Mohammed Shami, Ravindra Jadeja, Wriddhiman Saha, Mayank Agarwal, Kuldeep Yadav, and Rishabh Pant have pink ball experience in the Duleep trophy game.
• Remaining all other Indian players including skipper Virat Kohli haven’t played the pink ball game.
• From the political background, Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina and West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee will inaugurate the first bell at iconic Eden Gardens for the first pink-ball match.
• The former Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) President Sourav Ganguly invited former Indian cricketers Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, Farook Engineer, Chandu Borde, Dilip Vengsarkar, Kris Srikkanth, Mohammed Azharuddin, Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble, VVS Laxman, S Ramesh, Ajit Agarkar, Sunil Joshi, Saba Karim and Venkatesh Prasad.
• The former Bangladesh players Mohammed Akram Khan, Shahriar Hossain Biddut, Mohammed Hasibul Hussain, Mohammed Mahmudul Hasan, Naimur Rahman, Kazi Habibul Bashar, and Maharab Hossain are also present to witness the Bangla’s first pink ball game.
• Athletes from other sports include Abhinav Bindra (Olympic medalist), Sania Mirza (tennis), PV Sindhu (badminton), Mary Kom (boxing), P Gopichand (badminton), Viswanathan Anand (chess) are addressing the event.
• Indian opener Mayank Agarwal smashed the double century in the first Test and he will continue the same form in the second Test. Rohit and Kohli failed to score runs in the first Test as both players are very hungry to perform in the first pink ball game.
• Mohammed Shami, Ishant, and Umesh are in superb form as Indian pacers are producing some mind bowling performances in Test cricket and they are ready to take the pink ball challenge.
• The second Test will begin at 1 PM and ends at 8 PM and the pink ball game has 2 intervals in the Day/Night Test.
• Without any doubt, Eden Gardens will witness a full-packed crowd for all 5 days as already 3 days of tickets have been sold at the stadium.
• Kolkata city has been decorated with pink lights around the city and this first Day/Night Test will going to be a treat for cricket freaks as they are a lot of other events also conducted in the city.